Abstract submission for the congress is solely possible via the following online submission platform. The abstract submission starts on November 15, 2019 and ends on Monday, February 4, 2019, 23:55:00 CET. Author notifications will be sent in March, 2019.
Abstract submission (please click here and follow the link)
Please note that there will be no extension for abstract submission after the deadline on February 4, 2019.
Congress registration is required first and is possible from November 15, 2018. After successful online registration, you will receive an automatic email notification with your submission code and particpant number which are necessary to create a login.
Please note the general rules for abstract submission:
- All submitted abstracts will be presented as posters!
- Only one abstract per presenting person can be submitted. The registered participant is automatically the main author and will also be the presenting author.
- The main author should present the abstract on-site.
- Only abstracts from registered delegates who paid the registration fees in full will be published in the abstract book (as supplement to the Journal GLIA). Only abstracts submitted prior to the deadline (February 4, 2019) will be published.
- Plenary speakers and speakers in symposia or workshops are entitled to present one poster in addition to their oral presentation.
- During the abstract submission, you need to assign your abstract in one of the given topics (see below) and choose one to three related keywords.
- The following components are required: Title of the abstract (max. 250 characters, spaces not included), author(s), authors’ affiliations, text body (max. 2200 characters, spaces not included).
- You are allowed to add one figure to your abstract. The figure should be converted to a JPEG, GIF, TIF or BMP image but there is no maximum size for the figure.
- Abstract editing is possible free of charge until the deadline for abstract submission and early registration, i.e. February 4, 2019. After February 4, 2019 a handling fee of 15,00 € will be charged for each further abstract editing. Participants who would like to change their abstract after February 4 are asked to send an email to the Meeting Secretariat (email@example.com) to get further information how to proceed.
Please also note:
General information for registration and abstract submission
General terms and conditions
| List of topics for poster presentation |
The list of topics will be used for sessioning the posters. You can select one session only.
- T01 – Cell migration
- T02 – Cell proliferation, lineages and differentiation
- T03 – Cell signalling
- T04 – Cytoskeleton
- T05 – Degenerative disease, toxicity and neuroprotection
- T06 – (Energy) Metabolism
- T07 – Extracellular matrix and cell adhesion molecules
- T08 – Gene expression and transcription factors
- T09 – Glial-neuronal interactions
- T10 – Ischemia and hypoxia
- T11 – Memory and learning
- T12 – Myelin
- T13 – Neural stem/progenitor cells
- T14 – Neuroimmunology and neuroinflammation
- T15 – Neurovascular interactions
- T16 – Regeneration and repair
- T17 – Transmitter receptors, ion channels and gap junctions
- T18 – Trophic factors
- T19 – Tumours
- T20 – Glial diversity
- T21 – Neuromodulation by glia
Call for symposia
The deadline for symposia proposal submission was April 4, 2018. Please find all information about the call for symposia proposals here.